Author Daniel BSite / BlogTrust Rating
Tasted On 12/01/2005Drink Dates 2013-2018
Quite dark with moderately pigmented legs. Deeply concentrated plum, some chocolate, toasted bread, and mineral nuances. Syrupy and plush in the mouth with long, smooth, and lasting tannin coupled with excellent acidity. Formidable length with gushing fruit churning through to the end. The wine is brought up in 70% new French oak (Alliers and Nevers) for 18 months with the remaining 30% doing time in older American oak. An extremely impressive wine that is a considerable step up over the 2003.