This is a nice Shiraz but not spectacular. Lots of fruit and some nice follow through but not as complex or balanced as an Elderton or Greenock. Perhaps it will benefit from a few more years on the shelf.
Author MJMSite / BlogTrust Rating
Tasted On 04/16/2012
Wow. This has really changed. Some cool funk that is slightly reminiscent of Cayuse. Still tons of fruit, this is no longer a bomb and is starting to get very interesting. Love the evolution in this wine...Not quite as polished as I remember. Bet this will be really fun to drink in another 2-3 years. Too bad I'm out...
Author Daniel BSite / BlogTrust Rating
Tasted On 02/01/2005Drink Dates 2010-2015
Winemaker Ben Glaetzer crafts fine wines for this relatively new venture (their first wine was from the 2000 vintage). The wine is brought up in 70% American oak for 16 months with the remaining 30% doing time in one and two year old French oak barrels. Deeply colored with thick yet diffuse legs. A warm nose of blueberry, vanilla, spice and black pepper. In the mouth, racy acidity wraps itself around nice viscosity. Moderate tannins and decent length on the finish. Quite firm ? this wine needs extended airing for consumption now. Kudos to this venture for offering this wine in stelvins.