Advanced search

Marketplace Activity

Community Inventory Summary

Loading Loading....

Market Pricing

Average Retail:
$205.92 Details
W.Searcher Avg.: $205.92
W.Searcher Low: $135.72
W.Searcher High: $276.12
Avg Auction:
No Data Available
Date   Listing Low High Avg
Date Merchant Price  
Avg Marketplace:
No Data Available
Date Quantity Sale Price  
Low US Retail is updated twice a month and excludes outlier listings. Detailed listings are sourced daily from our partner, Global Wine Stocks, and may include outliers. Note that you can use the 'Report a problem' link which appears after clicking on any individual listing to notify our content team and partner of incorrect wine matches.
Auction prices are based on actual auction results (inclusive of buyerÂ’s premiums) of 750ml bottle sizes only. As auction prices fluctuate from auction to auction and some wines have limited auction activity, the average auction price is updated twice a month and derived from a proprietary algorithm.

2002 Leonetti - Walla Walla Reserve Proprietary Blend - USA - Washington - Columbia Valley - Walla Walla - Red

USA - Washington - Columbia Valley - Walla Walla

Red Proprietary Blend
Producer Notes

Gary Figgins, owner-winemaker of this oldest winery in the Walla Walla Valley, turned his winemaking hobby into a career in 1977 after years of amateur experimentation in is cellar. He is respected for being entirely self-educated in winemaking and having an obsessive attention to detail, going so far as to choose specific logs for his barrel staves years in advance. Despite his overwhelming... More »

Drink Dates
Comm: 2018-2018 VF: 2005-2013

Author Karl L
Site / Blog   Trust Rating 100%
Tasted On 09/12/2015
Drink Dates 2018

Drinking beautifully with smooth and balanced tanin and powerful fruit forward. May start to fade in three years. 9/15

I found this useful: Yes | No
Author Rutiger
Site / Blog   Trust Rating 98.361%
Tasted On 03/09/2013

Ridge component tasting with Brian & Brian. Super dark, fresh fruit. Excellent balance. Prodigious wine. Wish I had more to enjoy for years.

I found this useful: Yes | No
Author Daniel B
Site / Blog   Trust Rating 99.286%
Tasted On 12/01/2005

Deeply hued with thin dark colored legs. A full and inviting nose of milk chocolate, dark fruits, warm vanilla, soy sauce, and sweet herbs with a dash of pickle barrel. Smooth and plush in the mouth with lots of chocolaty fruit, low tannin, and good acidity. Finishes very long with oak tannins creeping up on the finish ? you can taste the oak for minutes on the palate. A frankly delicious red Bordeaux blend right now that does not require a patient consumer to appreciate. Reminds me of a Pahlmeyer Merlot from a fine vintage. A 52% Cabernet, 31% Merlot, and 17% Petit Verdot mix that was aged for 22 months in new French and American oak. 80% of the Reserve was sourced from Mill Creek Upland (only five year old vines) with the remaining 20% from Seven Hills. Drink now to 2012 (Leonetti?s wines are generally better consumed earlier in their life cycle due primarily to the winery?s predilection for employing loads of oak which while sexy early on can turn churlish with too much time in the bottle).

I found this useful: Yes | No

Sign in (or register) to create a WinePost on this wine.

A flawed bottle may be affected by cork taint, heat (maderized), oxidation, or excessive sulfur. Additionally, some people consider wines tainted by Brettanomyces (Brett), a non-spore forming genus of yeast, a flaw although there is much controversy surrounding the subject.
When the Update Twitter checkbox is selected your Tweet will automatically update to Twitter. Your Tweet will take the form 'Tasted [wine name] at [link to VinCellar wine page]'. As much of your tasting note as possible will be appended to the end up to the 140 character Twitter limit.
Record your notes on the aroma and flavor of the wine. Mark your note as private or as public and available to the VinCellar community.
Please enter an abbreviation of up to three characters to identify the source of your review. For example, IWC would be entered as the source to represent a review from Internation Wine Cellar.
Drink date is averaged using VinCellar members' most recent start and end drink date submissions for this wine.