Author ChipSite / BlogTrust Rating
Tasted On 02/13/2010
We drank this with friends on 2/13/10. It had a very nice bouquet of cassis, anise, licorice, earth, black cherry and olive aromas. The palate was very smooth, balanced, round and well integrated with flavors that followed the nose. It was very subtle and elegant, but without the verve to be really good.
Author Daniel BSite / BlogTrust Rating
Tasted On 05/01/2005Drink Dates 2005-2010
Deeply colored with a very attractive nose of blackberry, some coffee, pickled huckleberry sauce, mint, vanilla, and, oak. Thin on the mid palate but what flavors it delivers are very suave and supple. Good length with berry continuing through to the end. 90% Cabernet, 5% Franc, 3% Merlot, and 2% Petit Verdot aged for 20 months in French oak (94% new). 90% of the wine is sourced from the 100-acre Stelling Vineyard (located behind the winery off of Highway 29) with the remaining 10% coming from two other Oakville based vineyards including Sullenger Vineyard.